- n lemniscus a bundle of sensory nerve fibers going to the thalamus
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- n Lemniscus lĕm*nĭs"kŭs (Zoöl) One of two oval bodies hanging from the interior walls of the body in the Acanthocephala.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n lemniscus In anc. costume, a woolen fillet or ribbon pendent at the back of the head from diadems, crowns, etc. It was likewise attached to prizes as a mark of additional honor.
- n lemniscus In anatomy:
- n lemniscus One of the minute ribbon-like appendages of the generative pores of some entozoans, as Echinorhynchus. See cut under Acanthocephala.
- n lemniscus Same as fillet, 9.
- n lemniscus In zoology, a genus of acalephs.
- n lemniscus A kind of reference-mark such as the modern asterisk, obelisk, etc., consisting of a straight line drawn between two points or dots (÷), formerly used by textual critics in their annotations.