- n blowtube a tube through which darts can be shot by blowing
- n blowtube a tube that directs air or gas into a flame to concentrate heat
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- Blowtube A blowgun.
- Blowtube (Glassmaking) A long wrought iron tube, on the end of which the workman gathers a quantity of “metal” (melted glass), and through which he blows to expand or shape it; -- called also blowing tube, and blowpipe.
- Blowtube A similar instrument, commonly of tin, used by boys for discharging paper wads and other light missiles.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n blowtube A hollow iron rod, from 5 to 6 feet long, by blowing through which a glass-blower expands the semi-fluid metal gathered on its further end while shaping it on the marver.
- n blowtube Same as blow-gun.